What I’m Looking For in a Career
- A marketing position that allows me to focus on content writing and SEO
- Engagement with Raven Tools, SEMrush, Moz, and/or similar applications
- An environment where I can continue learning, gain experience, and expand my skill set
- The opportunity to do the research and become a subject matter expert
- The chance to work on a variety of projects and across a range of channels
- Exposure to social media marketing campaigns and strategies
What I Will Bring to The Table
- Certifications for SEO and Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of HTML and its use in SEO
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Familiarity with Moz, Raven Tools, SEMrush, Schema.org, and Social Crawlytics
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
- Creative & technical writing experience
- Proficiency with a range of social media platforms
- Topnotch writing and editing skills
Experience: Communications & Business
Throughout my career, I’ve specialized in analyzing and synthesizing information in order to make it engaging and useful for others. My background includes years of experience as a communications manager and nonprofit administrator, which means that I also know how to think strategically, manage projects, develop plans, and work independently or with a team.
Beyond this, I possess superior research and writing skills, as well a range of experience in presenting information to audiences that include executives, employees, donors, professors, and students. I am confident and comfortable in just about any setting you can imagine.
Knowledge: Marketing & Language
When it comes to marketing and communications, understanding how people use language and find information is crucial. My academic background includes graduate studies in literature and cultural theory, and I specialized in writing about topics such class, gender, race, and identity. My studies also included explorations of digital and social media and the intersection of technology and culture.
But my educational background isn’t just about language and literature. I’ve also earned a degree from the Lubar School of Business at UWM, where I concentrated in marketing.
In the End
I’m a storyteller, writer, researcher, and critical thinker who wants to create compelling content for your organization.
I thrive in environments which draw upon my creative and adaptive skills and allow me to work on a variety of projects. What I enjoy most is helping others discover, engage with, and apply information that helps them achieve their goals. I’m a language enthusiast whose background in communications and writing have prepared me well for a career in SEO and content creation.